(A work in progress)
– Tape Club Records is born in a bedroom in Portswood, Southampton.
– First release: an edition of 200 cassettes of music produced by Will.
– First piece of regional press – label feature in Hampshire Chronicle.
– Second cassette release by Mr James Bright gets played by Rob da Bank on BBC Radio 1.
– Huw Stephen’s DIY Label of the Week on BBC Radio 1
– First CD Album release: Mr James Bright – Big Sounds From Small Spaces.
– First Vinyl 7″ release: Mr James Bright/Dogtanion – Shut Up Shop/Heavy Talk.
– Sign physical and digital distribution agreement with Kudos Records.
– Tape Club ‘Homemade’ UK Tour.
– Huw Stephen’s Label of Love on BBC Radio 1.
– First tour support – Peter and Kerry with Lianne La Havas.
– Sign production, distribution and joint-venture agreement with Believe Digital.
– First album reviews in Q, Word, Uncut, Time Out, Clash.
– First National TV feature – Peter and Kerry’s ‘I Don’t Know’ video on Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch.
– First release featured on Pitchfork
– YouTube channel reaches 500,000 Views
– Charlie Andrew (Laurel Collective) produces Mercury Prize Winning Album ‘An Awesome Wave’ by Alt-J
– First stall at Independent Label Market, London
– First European Tour (Peter and Kerry with Lucy Rose)
– First International Ad Campaign (Peter and Kerry w/Adidas)
– Single Series Launched
– First video premier with Vice/Noisey
– First bands featured in NME – Deafkid/Febueder
– First released featured in The Wire – My Panda Shall Fly + Adventure Elephant
– Peter and Kerry tour UK with Lucy Rose and Laura Mvula (played Shepherds Bush Empire during both)
– Licensed ‘One Thing’ by Peter and Kerry for Bonobo Late Night Tales Compilation
– Joint-venture with Believe Digital ends
– Charlie Andrew (Laurel Collective) wins Breakthrough Producer of the Year 2013
– Licensed ‘Wildflower’ by Dark Bells for Rough Trade Field Day Compilation
Kerry Leatham features on Lapalux’s ‘Nostalchic’ LP (Brainfeeder)
Kerry Leatham (aka Roseau) signs to Ninja Tune/Big Dada
Toby Gale releases EP on Slugabed’s ‘Activia Benz Label’
Toby Gale releases track on Ryan Hemsworth’s ‘Secret Songs’
The Union Pool composes music for Nike SB NESW project
Kerry Leatham features on DELS’ second LP, ‘Petals Have Fallen’ (Big Dada)
Febueder and PSSNGR feature on Adidas x Sidewalk skate film
Hairy Hands announces ‘Phone Home Records’ imprint on Tape Club – first release is featured on XLR8R, Boiler Room
Toby Gale performs at Just Jam, Boiler Room and SPF 420
Hairy Hands track ‘Stutter’ features on Nike SB skate film
Dogtanion composes original music for Google’s ‘Art Project’
Toby Gale collaborates with Brainfeeder’s Iglooghost for ‘Honey Soaker’ track on Activia Benz
Tape Club host event as part of Land of Kings Festival, featuring Mo Kolours, Toby Gale, Hairy Hands and My Panda Shall Fly
Peter & Kerry hit 1 million listens for their track ‘Knees’ on Spotify
Roseau debut album ‘Salt’ released on Big Dada
Roseau is main support in Europe and UK for Lianne La Havas (including Brixton Academy)
Peter Lyons composes music for series of Adidas commercials
Norvis Junior features in Sundance-accepted short film and secures first piece in Wax Poetics magazine
info at tapeclubrecords.com